Re: 17" slicks ?

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 17:15:07 EDT

Bruce -

No , I have no hooking problems yet , at least on the street , but from
what I've heard , conditions can be a bit more slippery at the track .

I read that as well in HPM about the launches , and I think I'll try that
too .

I plan on going to Commerce maybe next Friday night and givin' it a shot .

I wanted to go tonite because the humidity is down to about 50% for some
reason , but I called the track and they're closed !!!

I also found a guy in Atlanta that just got his DynoJet and is letting
people get baseline readings for only $35 , so I plan on that too .

I'll keep ya posted .

At 07:08 AM 7/24/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>Jack,
>I sure wish I had your Hook up problems with my R/T... Or are you
>anticipating big HP increases in the future? (I know I am sort of...) What
>launch technique are you using. I followed HPMs "advice" of launching at
>1200 rpm and got nothing but a little squeak off the line. It produced a
>15.7 ET. I do have a big A*S tonneau cover on my bed though.. Any thoughts?
>Bruce
>At 10:53 PM 7/23/98 EDT, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 98-07-22 21:18:21 EDT, you write:
>>
>><<
>>
>> Well , as soon as I am able , I would like to get a pair of slicks for the
>> R/T .
>>
>> Should I go with a DOT slick , or an all out race slick ?
>>
>> Also , does anyone make a slick to fit a 17" wheel ?
>>

>> W . Jack Hilton III >>
>> Jack, Im going with the DOT slick, the cheater slick that is. I might
run it
>>on Gratiot some friday night!! 17" slick? Yeah they make em, you can start
>>by looking at a Bank!!
>>Eric

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab