Re: Indy, Shreveport, LA and Other locations.

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 25 1998 - 19:38:35 EDT

I really like the idea of getting the DML together for a meet. But as stated
earlier, we are spread out all over the states. Sure there are higher
concentrations in certain parts of the US, but that goes with any
organization. The police and event staff at Indy during the Mopar Nationals
really did suck. I don't think I would go back to Indy for free beer. Now
Columbus isn't too bad for a location. Its a bit far our left coast
neighbors, but not much further than Indy if you think about it.

I can get the DML into Houston Raceway Park, w/ the Houston Mopar Connection
Club's Annual Show and Race. Its a pretty good sized event. And the DML is
welcome to attend. But, there is the problem of distance for the Northeastern
US. And its a long desert drive for the West Coast too. But for the Central
and Southern US its not bad at all. Still closer than Indy or Columbus for
the Westerners.

Another suggestion.............how about we organize regional events? Use
this to gauge the interest in a national event. It sounds like a lot of
people are interested in getting together. But for an event to materialize,
well you have to go to it! Each month we have a meeting of the HMCC(Mopar
Club) and at these meetings are the same familiar faces, about 35 or so of us.
Bear in mind there are 200 folks in the club! At the show and race each year
we get almost everyone thats listed on the membership rolls, plus all kind of
people from out of town.

Well, I'll quit rambeling for now. I for one sure would like to see us get
together, wherever it may be!

Gene in Houston