Re: Drag Test - JET Chip

From: Psi363@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 15:47:59 EDT

<< <<
  NOTES - My conculsion so far is that the stage 1 chip might give you a
tenth,
  the corrected ET's are not proven. The HP numbers say peak HP is at most a
6
  HP increase and at least a 2 HP loss. However, when traction goes away MPH
  usually increases a little. Taking that into consideration, there is almost
  no HP increase. This Chip does provide better part throttle response which
  might help you automatic guys, but under full throttle there is too little
  difference to tell. The chip has been installed for two weeks. There has
  been no marked chage in fuel consumption.

 I think if I by one, not only by your testing, I would want the stageII
chip.
 Your chip test was done under quite a temp. difference. I think if you test
 under the same conditions you would be happier with it. 93 degrees is pretty
 hot. I wasnt happy with my runs with the 5.9 under 87 and humid conditions.
 Eric

Eric,

Reread the post. Baseline testing @ 88 temp and 43% Humidity (average) Jet
testing @ 89 and 48 (average). Not exactly the same, but damn close. No
other changes to the vehicle. I am just posting the results, make your own
judgement.

Wayne