RE: Re: RE: Prices(rich)

From: Ayotte, Glen (ayotteg@espn.com)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 19:07:37 EDT

Rich,

I have the v8. Tire and handling package (big tires, cool wheels),
overhead console, tow package, Heavy duty service group, sure grip,
Auto, 3.92 rear end, 6x9 mirrors, cd player with 8 speaker setup. I
also looked at quad cabs with a sticker of around 28,500. No deal on
the quad cab at all. The dealers that I went to wanted sticker. Most
of the dealers that I talked to said that they would sell any truck on
there lot for around sticker (within a couple of hundred dollars). I
bought it from my local dealer. I didn't waste his time. I walked in,
told him what I wanted, and told him that I wanted to order it, he asked
if I knew how much that would cost, I said yes, and I told him that I
wanted it for around invoice. Three weeks later my baby came in. End
of story.

When I was in Va, I was in the Navy. At that time I was looking for a
cheap car, like Geo Metro or something. Didn't like how the dealers
down there treated me. So I waited. Took me 6 more years to get around
to buying a new car/truck.

Glenn
Connecticut