Re: OIL PRESSURE

From: Toomey2me@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 19:38:24 EDT

>>I HAVE A '97 DAKOTA WITH THE 3.8L ENGINE, WITH 22,000 MILES. THE OIL
PRESSURE SEEMS TO BE DROPPING AS THE MILES INCREASE. AT 60 MPH, THE OIL
PRESSURE GAUGE REGISTERS A LITTLE PAST MID-POINT OF OPERATING RANGE (ABOUT
45-50#). BUT AT HOT IDLE IN DRIVE, GAUGE IS ON THE BOTTOM MARK OF OPERATING
RANGE (WHICH I THINK IS 20#). I THINK THIS IS TOO LOW FOR HOT IDLE. IS THIS
NORMAL PRESSURE, OR SHOULD I BE SEEING MY DEALER??

Well i have a 97 reg cab. 3.9 V-6 and seems to be starting to do that to. When
I first got it the pressure was above halfway, almost around 70 or 80 even at
idle. Now at idle the pressure drops to around halfway and then will go up as
I accelerate. Any ideas? ? ? Gonna have it taken into the dealer for routine
service and have em take a look.

Late,

Steven