Re: RE: Comment on K&N Filters

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 23:45:29 EDT

Frank;
Yes the K&N's do a very good job of filtering but only if you keep them
oiled and I mean oiled good. I too have done a lot oil analysis' and have
seen many good engine take a big dump because of high silicone levels. most
of these were with K&N type filters. I do use an open 14'' K&N on my
dakota and I keep a watchful eye on it condition and do use oil analysis to
help spot any problems.
Colin H.