Re: HD Manual Tranny lube?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 18:41:22 EDT

<<
 I was looking at the recommended service intervals in my factory service
 manual, and it mentioned changing the manual transmission fluid for the
 4-banger and the V6, but never made mention of changing it in the
 manual that comes with the 5.2L. I think they call this a HD manual in the
 brochures. Does it never need to have the fluid changed? Just curious -
 thought that was pretty strange.

Steve, you definately need to change the fluid in your NV3500 occasionally. I
change mine about every 3rd oil change. If you've ever ground a gear in the
shifting process, just think of the little flakes of metal floating around in
there! especially on a newer trans. Just my $.02
Eric