AC

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 20:24:24 EDT

  But they don't necessarily work so well with R134a. And the simple
fact of the matter is that they're more expensive than a dye charge.
And the fact that the dye charge will help detect leaks indefinitely
as long as it's circulating through the system.

>> Sometimes low tech is best, <<

I didn't say BUY one, I said borrow one....and anyone made in the last 3
years is calibrated fine for 134A.
Best of all, you don't miss places - like up under the dash - where the eye
can't see a dye leak.
Sometimes low tech sucks.

Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT
eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!