Re: Engine rumble at low sp

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 16:28:34 EDT

   I think there are two different issues here.

   I was told by Chrysler to expect the engine to be loud when starting "cold"
due to the computer adjusting the fuel/air mixture to warm up the engine
really quickly. The motor will experience less power until it is warm.
   The clutch fan on the engine is VERY noisy when fully engaged (or so I've
noticed). Personally, I've hated these clutch style fans ever since my family
owned a 77 Cordoba with the 318 in it. That thing went out so often my dad
finally took it off and bolted the fan directly to the pulley. Yeah it ran
all the time, but the car never overheated again due to the darn clutch
failing.

Shaun H. (Put last initial due to another Shaun being on the list ^_^)
Tustin, CA