Re: Dakota horns

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 23:06:03 EDT

> I would like to replace my stock 1997 Dakota horn. It sounds worse than a
> lot of import vehicles!! I would like to replace it with Cadillac's 4 note
> horn. It is standard on some of thier cars and it sounds like a train horn.
> But I can't see to find it. Does anyone know the note of the horn also? If
> it is one of the 4 notes for Cadillac, then I can keep it and save me some
> money. Has anyone else replaced thier stock horn?

> Ryan McMillan
> ryanmc@concentric.net
> Ultra South Park
> http://ultra.simplenet.com/ultrasp/

I have! Cost me about $8.00 and is one of the best mods I've done. I
just bought some wire, some wire-taps, and a hi-note horn (I think it
was high note.... ) I used one of the fender bolts to attach the horn
and then just used one of the wire taps on the horn wire. Quick,
easy, painless, and sounds sooo much better. This should go on a
"required mods" list fer sure... Durango gets a nice dual note, why
not us?

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html