Re: headers and exhaust

From: Garth Turner (garth_turner@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 12:03:43 EDT

Brad,
There is only one manufacturer with any serious plans to make a V6
header for 97+ Dakotas. Jardine. There number is 1-800-347-8664 (Tech
line 909-371-1744, Bruce.) They apparently have already made the header,
but have been low on R&D people to finish up the Y-pipe. I have been
calling them for 4 months and bugging them on a firm date, but they are
not returning my calls. Maybe if enough people show serious interest in
a purchase (group buy?) this will motivate a finished product.

I personally, have been through the different exhausts on my V6. I would
suggest purchasing a Jardine or Gibson single in/dual out muffler (deep,
rumbly sound on V6 with intake mods) only and having the best local race
shop custom fabricate smooth tubing. The workmanship and material will
be superior to any cat-back kit you could buy for the same price.

Garth

>Does anyone have any good ideas for modifying the headers and exhaust
for a 98 V6?
>I want dual exhaust but haven't decided on a manufacturer.
>Brands would be helpful and places in California would be good too.
>

>Late

> (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via
Jaek and
> (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to
say, the
> /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact
be an
> / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this
message was
>* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu
domain, it
> ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the
world.