Re: Power Wagon and SUV magazine

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 12:24:22 EDT

> Picked up the summer issue of Power Wagon and SUV. [...] They claim that
> a tonneau substantially lowers ET and raises gas mileage. I'm eager
> to test out the latter after mine gets installed tomorrow.

  Please report your findings back to the list. Power Wagon repeats the
generally-accepted opinion that tonneaus raise gas mileage. The empirical
data swapped over the DML and Usenet that I've seen is much less conclusive.
Some people report a gain, others do not. I'm curious to know what you see.

  I'd imagine that a tonneau would improve ET, since the extra weight sure
wouldn't hurt traction.

  Ron