RE: RE: RE: RE: Stronger rearend?Tate...

From: Lance Martz (LanceM@mcmullenargus.com)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 12:29:01 EDT

The price for the buildup of the rear isn't realistic for the average
person, but a lot depends on what you are able to find. I found my
housing clean and stripped for $200. The price only goes up from there
with narrowing, gears, pinion yoke, driveshaft modification, brakes,
axles and some other goodies. It can add up to a hefty amount. I imagine
the configuration of mine would run around $2000, depending on the price
of the disc brakes. The rear end and trans are the weakest links in our
trucks. I'm doing what I can until my tranny decides it doesn't want to
play nice with my supercharger anymore.

Lance Martz