\'92 CC 4x4 Woes -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 17:47:49 EDT

WARNING, this one's long!!!! -m

>>>Am I getting screwed around? <<<

screwed around?!?!? By a dealer?!?!?
NAAAAAAW!!! =)

Dude, if I were you, I would make em' fix it free untill it's fixed! You've
already put an excessive amount of money into said Dak. At this moint,
it's mechanic's error, not any fault of yours. Grill em', man! Make em' do it
for free!!!! Tell em' you'll call Chrysler if it's not satisfactory.
Something like that happened to me. I soend 500 for a timing chain and
tensioner that I THOUGHT was rattling around and making an awful
racket (sounded like a chain being dragged across an empty oil drum),
turned out it was my starter. It was the original 10 year old beast and
had come aprt under the truck as I was driving and some of it got all up in
the bellhousing and stuff. 150 to fix. Don't get me wrong, the dealer has
done me right quite a bit, but a mistake on the mechanic's part can end up
costing you MUCH more than it should. Grill em', man!

-mike d.