Re: Stronger rearend?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 00:07:03 EDT

At 10:05 AM 9/3/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Jon,
>You have a '95 Dak, too - don't you? (I may be confused - not the first
>time).

  Mine is a '96.

>Did your drive shaft go south along with your Trans.?

  Nope, fortunately, the shaft seems to be OK.

>My '95 Dak (CC/318/4x4) has the one peice drive shaft, try the junkyards and
>you may be able to find a used one for pretty cheap. If you want, let me
>know
>and I'll get the measurements on my drive shft for you as a guidline. I
>remember
>when I first got my truck, my roommate (who drove a jeep) was looking under
>my Dak and could only say "Holy S**T" in reference to the telephone pole
>drive shaft. It is pretty stout!

  Hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder if this is the same shaft that
Dodge is using to replace the troublesome 2 piece ones? Its pretty thick,
eh? Mine isn't; I think it goes down to about an inch and a half at one
point. I'm going to have to check into this.

   I've got 4x2. I've never looked under a 4x4 Dakota, so I don't know
how everything hooks up; would the driveshaft be the same length?

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |