RE: More Ongoing paint problems

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Sep 06 1998 - 08:40:56 EDT

     Russ,

     This is definitely the way to go!

     1. Get your truck fixed to YOUR satisfaction.
     2. Expose these bastards or they'll keep making chumps out of people!

     Other than that documenting names & dates, keeping a cool head when
     speaking your piece and getting everything in writing will work
     wonders for you. Remember anything said ultimately boils down to a he
     said/she said circular argument if they choose to deny it. Something
     in writing is available for all to see and will really put the
     pressure on these turkeys!

     T.

     <<It sounds like they feel they can shine you on and get away with it.
     Three strikes and they are out. I would avoid that organization in the
     future and get a quote from the best body shop in town. Ask at some
     Mercedes repair places and get some referrals where they would go to
     get the best paint job. Pick one with good references and get a
     "Mercedes quality" estimate. Tell them you want the best paint!

     Then mail a certified letter to the dealership detailing your three
     attempts and asking for them to pay for the $5000 it should cost.
     Mention that if you do not get an answer in seven days you will
     contact all the local TV & radio consumer shows and CC. If that does
     not do it a good lawyer will get you a free truck.>>

     Dkota4by4 wrote:
>Well, for all of you who remember my paint problems...they continue.
     I just picked my truck up from the dealer for a repaint for the THIRD
     time. The first time they were supposed to (according to the Asst.
     service manager)strip the truck to the metal, prep, prime, and
     respray. Well, that never happened because the spots were still
     there. The second time....same
>thing...but when l picked the truck up...there were scratches in the
     hood in addition to the pits. Now, l pick it up the third time (again
     they were supposed to take it to the metal and start over) and same
     thing...including the scratches. These guys have done nothing but
     buff the truck each time.
>While l was waiting for them to bring my truck around l talked to the
     body shop manager and he told me they had stripped the truck and
     started over from scratch. After looking at the truck (and a few
     expletives) he told me they didn't strip the truck because they
     decided there was no need to...even though they charged CC for a full
     $1500 paint job. (l hate to be lied to) When l took it in the last
     time the Service manager admitted that it "didn't appear" that the top
     was ever touched. Now they want me to take it to them again and let
     them "fix it right". My question is..what should l do? I do NOT want
     to take it back because they have already ruined it 3 times. but what
     are my options. When l call CC they say they want to let their
     factory rep take a look at it..but he hasn't called me back once since
     May... Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. I may have to
     call the BBB and the local news station (they do a segment on consumer
     rip offs)...

>Russ
>97 4X4 318 CC

     I hope this helps.

     Mark Bate
     KD6RMI@K6.net
     +1.510.429-9100
     Think different... Beware of geeks bearing gifts.
     W 116.33 Euro/M 117.??>>