Dome light "replacement" -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSYKES@SU.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 18:45:26 EDT

R/T
Dude, try this:
For the interior, keep your dome light for illumination purposes and splice
into the wiring and wire a switch up to your neon, that way you'll still
have the dome light and the neon whenever you want. If you use the
dome light wiring, it'll only work when the door is open and you'll have no
light if you need. All you have to do is tap a 12V power source and go at
it. As for the Trunk thing, run the wires through your drainholes (under
your bedliner if you can) and tap into you parking lights for your source.
That's what I would do =)

-mike d.

>>> Robert Trottmann <rotrottmann@davidson.edu> 09/07/98 06:26pm

I put neon into my ram air hood. The package the neon came in said to
cut off the cig. lighter adapter to install permanently. I did so,
installation worked. My next neon project involves the dome light. I
figure if I can take the cover off, take the bulb out, I can loosen (or
remove) the fixture the bulb goes in to, cut those wires, and wire the
neon tube into the wires for the dome light. I can velcro the neon tube
to the ceiling, behind the dome light, and use it like a courtesy
light. Are there any problems with my plan? Will I blow anything up
(assuming there isn't a dome light carriage bolt)? After this, my plan
will be neon "trunk light" for the bed, just have to figure out how to
get wires from the bed to the battery without denting anything, probably
down between the bed and cab. Hmmmm
Later,
Robert

--