Re: My 88 is p---in' me off!!!! -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@SU.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 16:23:13 EDT

I don't think it's a stuck lifter. I've had those before and those go tick tick
tick. This is more of chiggitychiggitychiggity =)

-mike d.

>>> <Boog318@aol.com> 09/07/98 09:45am >>>
Mike
Sounds like you may have a stuck lifter. Try this:
Get a can of motor flush and a bottle of motor honey. Motor flush: this is
the stuff that you dump in the crankcase and run for five min. then
change the
oil right away.
Before you fill up with new oil, run a quart of cheap oil through and let it
drain out. This gets any excess flush out.
Fill up with four quarts of the Havoline 10w30 syn. that you normally use.
Next add the bottle of motor honey (real thick stuff).
This worked for a stuck lifter on my old 87 Dak. Hope this helps you.
Boog