Re: My 88 is p---in' me off!!!!

From: Mark Bate (kd6rmi@k6.net)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 12:20:00 EDT

I have heard that real thick stuff should only be added slowly to a fully =
warmed up engine to allow it to mix properly.

Have you checked the TSBs at alldata.com?

Boog318 wrote:
>Mike
>Sounds like you may have a stuck lifter. Try this:
>Get a can of motor flush and a bottle of motor honey. Motor flush: this =
is
>the stuff that you dump in the crankcase and run for five min. then =
change the
>oil right away.
>Before you fill up with new oil, run a quart of cheap oil through and let =
it
>drain out. This gets any excess flush out.
>Fill up with four quarts of the Havoline 10w30 syn. that you normally use.=

>Next add the bottle of motor honey (real thick stuff).
>This worked for a stuck lifter on my old 87 Dak. Hope this helps you.
>Boog

I hope this helps.

Mark Bate
KD6RMI@K6.net
+1.510.429-9100
Think different... Beware of geeks bearing gifts.
W 116.33 Euro/M 117.?? / MacOS 8.5