New Guy

From: Stephen J. Fisher (stephen.fisher@snet.net)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 11:31:54 EDT

Hey guys, just joined the DML. Got my first Chrysler product last week.
1999 Dakota Sport, black, 4x4, 318cu, all the goodies + diamond plate
rail guards, full diamond plate tailgate protector, moulded splash
guards and under the rail bed liner (York Load Lok). Installed the
Gibson cat-back single exhaust system this weekend. Sounds good. First
tank of gas was 14.6 mpg, second was 12.06 mpg. Not too good, hope it
gets a little better (driving was city + highway). Got in the truck
this morning, the engine light came on and stayed on. Bummer! Guess
I'll call the dealer tomorrow and have them check it out. Not the kind
of thing I wanted to do after only 400+ miles on it. Could the Gibson
have anything to do with this? Also, as far as surface care goes...do I
wait a few months before applying wax to it? Fall in Connecticut means
tons of wet leaves on the truck, could stain the paint. I'd like to
protect it if possible. Talk to ya'll later.