RE: Questions regarding ram-air setups...

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 14:28:19 EDT

Cowl induction. Works great!

Tate

-----Original Message-----
From: John Bell [SMTP:johnb@pswtech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 1998 1:04 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Questions regarding ram-air setups...

Hey all,

  After seeing some of the home brew and commercial kits for setting
up ram-air on a Dak, I have the following question:

Has anyone ever considered a design where the air intake is located
immediately in front of the windshield? I can see two benefits
to this:

- the intake is located in a high pressure zone (juncture of
  the hood and windshield) that is well protected from
  sucking up bugs/rocks/mud/slow ferds n' chebbys/whatever.
  This would also help keep your mod subtle, as you won't have
  funny nostrils poked through the hood for all to see (just
  a small bulge over the rear center of the hood) :-)

- the throttle body is so close to this location anyway, such
  a design would lend itself nicely to an FABM-type setup
  without having to create homespun intake shrouds and
  running a quarter mile of dryer hose :-)

Granted, you'd have to be able to accomodate 10" and 14" FABM
kits, but a single hood design should be able to handle that.

Comments? Suggestions? Anyone seen these around already?

Have fun,

--
       John Bell    johnb@psw.com   http://www.psw.com
"One possible reason that things aren't going according to plan