Re: RE: Holloway Throttle Body Werkz

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 18:39:53 EDT

<< Shawn,
 I bought the first couple of sets of plates from Brothers (BBK). The are
 brass (half hard .060 inch thick). In the future what I will do is purchase
 brass sheet stock,
 cut it into squares, sandwich approx. 20 squares between chunks of aluminum
 in the headstock and tailstock of a lathe and turn them to the diameter I
 want.
 Some materiel will be removed on the edges of the plates where they actually
 bolt to the shaft (not perfectly round). Hope this explains it.

         Frank

Frank, I too am interested in one of these TB's. I have a 96, 5.2, with a 5
speed. At what point in the list of modifications would you recommend going
to the bigger throttle bores? I have an MP SBEC, and the MP R/T cam (yet to
be installed), and will be getting headers and a hiflow cat also. I may even
step up to a bigger cam, like Patricks.

Brad