RE: RE: Tranny/Engine Oil cooler

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 07:19:00 EDT

Now this thread has really got me thinking (thats not easy to do!)

Last year I went into Jiffy Lube (yeah, I know.. but I was leaving on a trip
and didn't have time to do it myself) Anyway, I figured I'd just have them
flush & refill the Transmission with Synthetic while I was there. Well, the
Tech calls me over and says they don't want to do that, cause my Trans.
cooler has a slight leak where the line goes into the Trans "radiator", this
I found very interesting, since I had been thinking about adding an
aftermarket Trans Cooler. I was not aware that the truck had one. A few
months after that, my battery started to give the signs that it was on the
way out, got it tested & decided to replace instead of getting caught with a
dead one out in the woods, it had the 750 amp battery. I've recently checked
the Original sticker from my '95 V8 SLT - no mention of the HD service
group! Where/What is the power steering cooler?.... It would be kinda nice
to find out I ended up with the HD service group w/out having to pay for it!
(How often does something like that happen?!?!)

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL (should it stay or should it go, now?) - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK