Re: Ram Air or Blower?

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 23:07:17 EDT

<< Somebody help me make a decision. How much gain from
 hood? Blower? Maybe both and hook up the ram air hood to a intercooler.
 I hear if you use an intercooler you don't need a spark retard box and get
 more usable power with less strain on the engine!
 Jim in Waco. >>

Gains from a hood = looks, less weight (sometimes), maybe 20hp if it's
functional.

Vortech S-trim in kit form gives you more looks too (everyone likes to hear it
whine...:)), and about 5 times as much as a hood would give you. FWIW, I got
~120-130hp from mine at 5psi. More horsepower and torque are just a pulley
change away.

At 5psi, you won't need much (if any) spark retard.. even w/o an intercooler

ttyl
Patrick