200,000 Miles!

From: Weingart, Robert F (rweingart@lucent.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 18:42:55 EDT

My '89 Dakota LE 4x4 just broke 200,000 miles on the way home from work! It
was kind of nice to see the 2 finally roll around. 200K reliable miles, of
which I drove 99%. The only time it would not start was once due to a dead
battery. Otherwise, the truck has never let me down (or broke down) through
snow (blizzard), water (up to bottom of doors), sand (beaches) or any
terrain (NJ roads). The last time it was in for service at the dealer was
at 40K for an antilock computer. I love this truck, but now it is time to
pass it on to my brother. I have just been holding on to it to say that I
owned it till 200K. He has been dying to buy it from me. Now it is time to
use my '96 Ram which I bought two years ago but rarely use (honestly the Dak
is more fun to drive) Hopefully it will give me the same great service my
Dak did.
You can see a pic of my baby at: http://www.erols.com/rweingart/

Thanks,
Rob Weingart