Re: RE: buyer for Holloway Throttle Body (for Frank)

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 18:39:39 EDT

Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG writes:

<< Steve,
 Here is where we are at. Bruce has the first modified throttle body and it
 has stock plates. We have two additional TB's that have been modified and
 have larger
 plates. I didn't get a chance to install one on my 5.9 this last weekend but
 it will happen this coming weekend. Bruce has also volunteered to install
 the second
 larger plate TB on his RT. We need to try the first TB that Bruce has on a
 97/98 318. Once we perform the last series of tests, then we will put a list
 together
 of people that want the mods. I have about 8 cores at this time and can get
 more. If someone wants a new TB, then I will just order a new TB, and ship a
 new
 modified one to the individual (my cost on a new TB is $206 so it would add
 $206 to the cost) and they won't need to return one. If someone doesn't mind
 an exchange TB, then we will just ship one out and you would need to return
 your existing one. Some of the things we know so far, all TB's will get a
 Stainless
 Steel throttle shaft and new thinner plates (easier for me to machine).
 Throttle bore sizes and possible mods to the intake manifold have not been
 finalized.

         Frank

How much are we looking at (ballpark) on the TB if we sent our core back?