Re: RE: 96 CC Sport 5.2 auto

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 14:53:53 EDT

> The sales literature says my truck came with the factory
>"limited slip" diff. How can I verify that? Label under the hood says
>8.25.
>

>Thanks,
> Jon H

jack up the rear end in the middle so that both rear wheels are off the
ground .

Put the truck in neutral and make sure the emergencey brake is off .

spin one of the tires either counter-clockwise or clockwise .

The opposite tire should turn the opposite way , meaning that if you were
sitting in front of a tire and spun it clockwise , you would go around to
the other side and sit in front of the other tire and it would be turning
counter-clockwise .

In other words , both tires should turn in the same direction when only one
is turned by you .

Jack Hilton III

1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab (Black)

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html