Shift Knob....DML Ideas Worked

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 15:31:27 EDT

OK, In earlier threads someone was talking about shift
knobs. I went to Autozone and found some nice looking
aluminum shift knobs with a cheap lookin plastic insert.
They come in red, blue and polished aluminum.
        I purchased the polished aluminum model and replaced
the cheap insert w/a black sponge material they used to
make for motorcycle grips. Feels pretty good on the shift.
The neat kicker is that the FLAT SPOT on the top of the
knob was just about the size of that RAM head key chain
you can buy at waly-mart. You guessed it! the RAM head
peels off if you bend the sides with some pliers and
goes on the Knob like it was made for it.
        The background of the RAM head logo is red, so red
and black Dakotas will match up pretty good.

The RAM head keychain and Knob cost about $17 and you can
see the keychain emblem here on the DML.

GS

98 5.2L 5spd 3.92SG
P&P TB FIPK
"Scootin Dak w/neat little shifter"