performance brakes

From: mfcrimmi@lanmail.rmc.com
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 12:51:40 EDT

At 35k miles, my 96 Dak needs rear brake shoes. The front pads are fine. I was looking
for a brake pad like Performance Friction carbon metalic, but they don't have one for
dakota application. Has any one found a brake pad/shoe manufacture that is a cut above
 the rest. Are premium sets by Raybestos or Wagner at the local PepBoy better or worst
that the factor issued brakes. The factory brakes have performed well, but there is always
something better. My basic requirements are shortest stopping distance especially while
towing my boat, quite and fade resistant. When the front pad get changed some pads
produce less dust than others.
Thanks for any insite, because I know lots of you have been down this road before.

Mike Crimmins
96 Dakota CC 4x4 slt, JBA headers, Dynomax Ultraflow muffler, pulleys, Amsoil air filter, Amsoil Oil everywhere, 30 x 9.5-15 BFGs
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)