RE: Transmission Trouble

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 07:40:06 EDT

Rich,

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong. I don't even know why I'm asking this,
since I don't know anything about manual transmissions, but maybe
someone else will - what was the problem?

I have a 97 318 5 spd rc 3.21 and I do not baby it. Not uncommon for
me to hit the speed limiter on the way to work if traffic will allow.
 Probably 30 dragstrip passes on it, and the streets of Dallas are
noticably darker because of me. If you're in a ford or chevy and I
even have a SUSPICION that you think your truck is fast, I'm on you
like a fly on sh!t - next to you revvin' the motor.

My tranny is a little noisier than new - a whine or whirr here and
there, but I think it's all normal. Probably be quieter if I didn't
drive it like I did, but my truck seems to eat it up. BTW - high
mileage too - 34,500 in 13 months.

Good luck,

Tate