Re: 180 Thermostat, low antifreeze?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 16:10:23 EDT

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Robert Trottmann wrote:

> I had my 180 thermostat put in an a radiator flush at the dealer, who I
> trust and get a good deal from. I looked under the hood after I got
> home, and had a full antifreeze reservoir. Days later, it was below
> add. I added. I just looked again, after a while, and it's below add
> again. I can't find a leak, there's never any antifreeze where I park.
> Could it be burning off somehow? If my block is cracked or something,
> its time to buy that Pacer down the road I've been looking at.
> Hmmmm 360 R/T Pacer! Heck yes!
> -Robert

    I don't know wether or not this is what's happening to you but:

  My FSM says that when you drain the coolant and refill it, you will
have to top it off within a couple of days; I guess it just needs
some time to fill all the nooks and crannies or something. Anyway,
when I drained my system to install my 180 degree thermostat, that
was indeed the case; I filled it up, and had to top it off a while
later.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |