Re: Friggin' Air filter ?'s..

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 15:57:59 EDT

From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
thurs.10th,9:53pm

>There are a couple things you must determine to see if an aftermarket
filter system will work:
>1<Look at the underside of your air filter can and see if it's the round
hole type or the rectangle square type--square type mounts have no
aftermarket custom air cleaners available--custom homemade only.
>2<If it is the round hole type, just measure the hole to help determine the
size needed--there are 1 barrel,2,or 4 barrel sizes available and most with
adapters in the kit for most all carbs on the market.
>3<If you have the TBI type carburator, make sure you check that there is no
interference from the base plate that is blocking the injectors,which are
mounted on top of the throat of the carb, and linkage doesn't interfere.
  I have a '95,but with the V-8 and everybody said that they don't have a
aftermarket filter assembly, and I proved them wrong. Just because their
book doesn't list it doesn't mean I couldn't get it to work. Also remember
to not get carried away with the filters--at the most you can use is only up
to 2-1/2 or 3 inches in depth, and around the max of 14 inches in
diamenter,and there are also flat and drop base plates. I use a flat base
plate on mine. Hope this helps.