Warning:Jet T-stat gasket, was:Jack Hilton actually does a mod

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 10:39:09 EDT

<< I am wondering if anyone else got their stat from JET and what the hell
 that rubber gasket they give you with it is for ? I tried to figure it out
 (remember I'm from GA) , and even installed it once , but it just did not
 go well . I opted for a regular gasket and it seems to be sealed fine now .

Jack,
The Jet T-stat rubber gasket is supplied to create a major leak after starting
the engine so the lucky owner can remove the housing and replace it with a
regular gasket, as you did, with the engine hot , as I did. Don't forget, I'm
from TX, duhhh!
I apologize for forgetting to inform everyone on the DML.
Regards,
Steve in Houston