Re: Power Chips

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 16:35:13 EDT

In a message dated 98-09-11 12:30:32 EDT, Jack Hilton III wrote:

<< I installed the JET module in the R/T this morning before work , and I
noticed the low and mid-range much improved . Throttle response has jumped
as well .
Did you notice how hard it is to get the clips on the JET module to snap on
over the connector on the SBEC ? >>
    Yes, I purposefully did not push far enough to snap the clips because I
felt it
    would be bear to get off.

<<With the stock air box in place it was a tight squeeze with the new JET
module . >>
      I have already removed the stock box and replaced with the K&N FIPK

<<I can see where water may get into the thing around the seals .
You know what would cure that is this stuff that the phone companies use to
seal their lines . It's like this weird silicone stuff that you basically
encase the thing in . It's what those swamp-buggy racers use to seal the
electrical system .
A simple piece of rubber boot may also prevent the water too.>>
      I haven't crossed that bridge yet, your idea sounds good. I may look at
      wrapping the joints with a waterproof tape or something.

 Steve in Houston