Re: re:tranny problems

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 12 1998 - 12:36:49 EDT

<< My 98 4x4 has the 46RE code for the tranny. I am getting funny shifts
 out of it at times and have more or less pinpointed them. They occur
 when you start off 2/3 to full throttle, and after it shifts to 2nd, but
 before it shifts into 3rd, you start easing up on the throttle. It then
 either takes about 3 seconds to shift into 3rd, or it acts like it
 shifts into 3rd, then back to 2nd then into 3rd for good. The dealer
 looked at it and says that it's internal. >>

My 97 SS/T does the same thing.. it'll shift into 3rd, then back into 2nd,
then back into 3rd.... might see that happen once a week if conditions are
right, I just ignore it.

ttyl
Patrick