Re: DML Digest V3 #1277

From: Dan DePardo (JetPilot@ukans.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 12 1998 - 20:13:59 EDT

>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:46:13 -0400
>From: Ben Vaughan <webmaster@dakattack.com>
>Subject: Re: DML: Gibson Split Rear Catback Exhaust
>
>Dan,
>But did that price include the tips???

Hi Ben;
No, I want to use the "round split slash style"...my brand X musclecar came with 'em and
I've always liked the "quad exhaust" look. I'm going to run the new system "as is" first
without any tips, and if it seems like I've lost an unacceptable amount of low end torque
with the dual 2.5" tailpipes on the V-6, I'll restrict it down a tad with a slightly smaller tip
tubing size. I have a small exhaust pipe tubing expander, and it works great on stuff
like chrome exhaust tips.

>Gibson Stainless Steel tips are pretty expensive!!

You got that right! $30 a pop! They *are* stainless tho'...and the Borla-Edelbrock-
Pace-etc. tips are just as expensive.

I got a voice mail message from CBS about my order...but no info.
Hopefully, GIbson isn't out of stock! I gotta call them back Monday.

Later!

Dan