Re: Starting Problems

From: Dan Fox (dtfox@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 18:05:32 EDT

Gary Ludwick wrote:

> Don't know if this applies to your year Dak, but your symptoms are exactly
> what you'd expect with a failed ballast resistor. Normally this resistor
> passes 12 volts to the coil on startup, then lowers the voltage to 6 volts
> for running. Check your FSM and/or wiring diagram to see if there's a
> ballast resistor in the ignition circuit.

Well, I only am going off of what's in the back of my Haynes, in other
words
a very crappy diagram, but I didn't see anything like that. My
powertrain
control module probably does this job, but who knows. Does anyone know
if
there is a ballast resistor on a 94 V-8? Or possibly have a better
wiring
diagram that you could scan? Thanks,

Dan