Fwd: A Chemist's view on octane (Long)

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 07:41:19 EDT

--part0_905773282_boundary

I got this off the Grand Prix mailing list, thought it would be of interest to
ya'll.
Enjoy,
Steve Waller in Houston

--part0_905773282_boundary

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 07:35:50 -0400
From: Paul Berndt <pberndt@worldnet.att.net>
CC: Tom Johnson <tjohnson@FLEX.NET>
Subject: A Chemist's view on octane (Long)

GP'rs

With all of the recent discussion on brands of gasoline and which is
best, I had this post from earlier in the year. It came from the
VetteNet but should apply to our cars as well. He makes some good points
and has the credentials to validate. I had to get Tom's permission to
repost it as you should if you pass this along.

Paul Berndt
'97 GTP Coupe