Re: Damn InSlicta's - Tires in general

From: Merullo (Merullo@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 15:18:43 EDT

I am surprised that a Goodyear tire is wearing so badly in this case. My 93
came with Goodyear Wrangler AT tires that lasted me about 50,000 miles. The
recommended tire pressure, according to the Dakota owners manual (not
specific to the Wrangler tire, but to the truck) was 37 psi, and, I think 41
psi for the rear tires for heavy loads (I dont recall a definition of
heavy--1,000 + lbs.?).

I had a bad experience with some Cooper tires, and am now using Bridgestone
Dueler APT's.
I had the tread measured at 6,000 miles; there had been almost no wear, and
what there had been was extremely uniform. I was surprised, since my truck
has had alignment problems.