Re: RE: No muffler

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 19:18:47 EDT

Mok, Alan (SPB Brentwood) wrote:

> If you like the sound by all means do it.
>
> The cat should provide enough back pressure so you won't lose any
> torque/midrange. Plus you take a few pounds off the back end.
>
> BTW, I think you'll get burn exhaust valves from a plugged exhaust and
> not a free flowing one.
>
> Alan
>
> '98 Dakota R/T (Headers, FABM & waiting for Shift kit)
> '89 Mustang GT (347, Griggs, S-trim...)
> Ducati 916 (someday)

I ran a staight pipe after cat for a while (short while), when I did it
I didn't seem to lose any torque. But I put on a flowtech Terminator
muffler w/ a turndown and it seemed to gain a noticeable amount of
lowend power, with no noticeable decrease in higher RPM power.
Running it out the back may create enough bacpressure that it would
still gain torque, but I dont know.