Re: MSD Ignition

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 19:42:16 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/98 8:22:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
black318dakota@yahoo.com writes:

<< I have the 6A on my 96 v8, and it did take away the low end mush from
 the light throttle response. It also idles alot smoother, but there is
 no real change in the qtr mile times. I tried to run with and without
 it at the track one weekend, and my times were almost identical.
 (mabey a couple of thousands diff.)
 George J Hooper >>

My 93 loses about 2 tenths and about 2 mph when running the MSD 6A without
juice. I have it wired with a relay and switch and when not running juice
switch it back to stock ignition but with MSD Blaster 3 coil both ways. Also
loss of power on hills and ect with MSD ??? Don't really know why but have
seen proven results similar to these on 2 Daks with Jacobs systems. The Dak
Stock ignition appears to be best thing going for all but nitrous or maybe SC
applications. Thats my experience and can prove it any time at the track.

Bill