Re: No muffler

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 17:34:06 EDT

From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
tues.15th,6:15pm
>>when I had duals installed on my '95, the muffler shop wanted me to try it
for a day without the muffler. I myself didn't like it because the exhaust
gargled on the acceleration too much, which was telling me that there was
TOO little back-pressure and the ending result would be burnt exhaust
valves. The sound was just like the gargle you get on power deceleration.
Another point was I didn't want the Nazi Emissions Patrol to black-flag me
on the yearly emissions test here in Colorado. I have seen and heard of Rams
without the muffler installed and they sound good, but they have about
2-feet more pipe, which could make a difference in sound and gargling on
acceleration. Not saying you can't do this route, just check your emissions
laws before somebody does this setup for the street.