RE: Re: Ram vs. Dakota

From: Russell Neilson (russelln@avana.net)
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 08:18:47 EDT

I looked at an F-150, a Dodge Ram and a Dodge Dakota. I needed a V8 for
towing (yeah, right) and a back seat for the little one.
I drove the f-150, and it was alright, but it felt like a huge-ass truck. I
drove the Ram and it felt 'cheaper' than the Ford, as far as the interior
was concerned. It drove OK, but it still felt like a huge-ass truck.
I drove the Dakota and fell in love! Like I said in my intro, I just traded
my Mitsu Eclipse GS-T for that truck. It feels like a sports car! The
seats are comfy, the back seat is useable (but I wouldn't want to ride for
long back there) and the V8 is there. The only problem is that the one I
first test drove had power seats, but the one I bought did not-the power
seats make a big difference because you can adjust the angle of the base of
the seat. Not to forget, the styling is top-of-the-line for a truck.
Bottom line: If you want a sporty truck with over 200HP, get the Dakota.
If you want a big truck for heavy hauling, get the F150.