RE: Racing RPM issue

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 09:08:15 EDT

Call 'em!!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Vacchino [SMTP:tommyv@thecia.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 1998 7:56 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Racing RPM issue

Ok this is wierd, bear with me, I did post about this problem about
month ago. But got no reply, since then it's gotten stranger. Anyway
this is the issue:

92 V-6 Magnum 5spd. When ever I take my truck out of gear or press down
on the clutch. The engine starts racing up to around 1000rpm!! It
doesn't matter if I'm cruising along at a good clip and take it out of
gear or I'm in stop n go traffic, it races. Now here's where it starts
getting weird. It will not stop racing until I come to a complete stop,
and I put the truck in 1st gear!!!??.........I f I come to a complete
stop and it's in any gear (2-5) other than 1st it will stay
Any thoughts people, before I call the

"psychonaut"