Re: Need 4.10 info

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 21:05:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/16/98 8:57:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bowermdw@mailhost.ind.ameritech.net writes:

<< Jack had told me if I want speed put a

 4.10 in there. I have a 8.25" Rear axle w/3.55, and I know nothing
 about this stuff. Where do I buy a 4.10? What
 kind of brand is this 4.10? Is this something I can change myself
 relatively easy? Should I change my whole rear axle first??

 Thanks bunches, (cans of tuna maybe)
 Doug >>
Doug,
   I have the 4.10 in my 8.25", its a 95. If you have the cash to upgrade to
the new Dak rearend or could possibly get an older 8.75" I would do it. But
for me, I cant sooooo,
I went ahead and got the 4.10 for my preasent ass end. Anyway, its a Richmond
gear and you could probably get it from any shop that you chose, and chose
wisely, to do the job for ya. However, if you plan on doing this yourself,
dont ask me!! I jobbed it out. If you do chose that route or just want to
buy it on your own, Mopar sells it right out of the performance parts catalog.
Does that help?
Eric