RE: My 1996 Dakota needs more power

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 17:10:19 EDT

   I'm sorry if it seemed I was in "small" mode. My first choice of upgrade
engines would be a Pratt and Whitney J-58 axial-flow turbojet with
afterburner. Problem is that the engine weighs more than the truck and I
think it would void the factory warranty on the suspension. Other difficulty
would be finding fuel for it since you can only get the stuff at Air Force
bases where SR-71's are serviced. Admittedly, I know I could light that
engine up and give the Thrust SSC a challenge until the rubber melted, the
suspension collapsed, and they'd be trying to find some piece of me to put in
a casket to bury. It certainly would be one heckuva ride until then.

Shaun H.