RE:Re: Ram vs. Dakota

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 12:08:01 EDT

How weird. I was thinking of this exact thing today. Here's some stats for
you:

   The Dodge Ram Truck and Van tied for first place as the #1 most lethal
vehicle to be hit by: meaning: Their construction is so tough that they force
all the damage to be absorbed by other vehicles. They are among the safest
large vehicles on the road today to be in. On that same lethality list, the
Dakota ranked #11 just behind Suburban's so it's also an incredibly tough
vehicle. If you want proof, go to the DML website and look at the pictures of
the wrecked Dak that are there. Remember, it was a 200+ mph collision and the
driver of the Dak wasn't all that hurt (compared to the two dead guys in the
other car).
   Personally, I would think the Dak is safer as it's center of gravity is
lower and is less likely to roll, flip or otherwise get air borne if hit by a
car at high speed.

Shaun H.