fair tranny kit instalI price, was: can't take it anymore (Transgo kits)!

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 08:08:54 EDT

<< I just spoke to Transgo and they have a list of recommended installers
 who's been through their training program.
 I called the installer and he quoted me $400 Total. This includes the
 parts, filter and fluid. He says it usually takes a full day to
 calibrate the trans. I can understand that since it's somewhat of a
 "trail and error" ordeal to get everything adjusted just right.
 This seems like a fair deal for someone whose intimidated by the insides
 of an automatic such as myself.
 Alan
 '98 Dakota R/T (Headers, FABM & waiting for Shift kit)

Alan,
I have to disagree with $400 being fair, here in Houston, I've been quoted
$135 for installation from a shop, I and many of my friends have been using
for years.
With computer controlled trannys, I'm not sure what calibration there is to do
or what trial and error ordeal is involved, IF it's installed correctly the
first time.
Regards,
Steve in Houston