Re: Dak=Ram

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 10:58:19 EDT

   This year's Cummins is a real monster. Ford finally got off their butt's
and made their PowerStruck engine a match for the Cummins so Cummins hit back.
 I think it's up to 250hp and 430#'s torque. It's getting up to a match the
V-10 almost. If you want some serious power out of the diesel you can add
about another $2K of mods from Gale Banks and crank out 300hp and 500#'s of
torque. I think that'd tow a couple of houses. Problem is, the tranny's
aren't keeping up with the engines and they are blowing out left and right on
the heavy hauling dude's. CC says they're working on it.
   The mileage the diesels get is incredible. I'm amazed everytime I see my
Dad's or Brother's fuel bill. It's way less than mine.

Shaun H.