Re: A little late night Dak trivia...

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 20:09:24 EDT

> Oh come on now guys... stop picking on the North of the Border folks. It's
>not their fault if they can't pronounce "about" correctly. It's purely a
>learned cultural respose. That's all I have to say, DUUUUDES. ^_^
>
>Shaun H.

Hate to burst your bubble Shaun, but not all of us say "aboot" or "eh". We
seem to have almost as many variations on accents here as you southern folk
do. BTW, I still can't seem to find "y'all" in the dictionary.

As for a "learned cultural response"? Most people can't figure out where
I'm from and never seem to guess Canada. I think it's because Toronto is so
close to Buffalo (where they also talk strange) - "daller instead of dollar".

For a good laugh, check out these web sites, you may be surprised:
http://www.neptunenet.com/antican/
http://alvin.lbl.gov/terning/Canadians.html

Sorry, this is way off topic. I'll stop now and get back to Daks!

Our '98 4x4 got a Covercraft soft tonneau installed last weekend. Nice! I
haven't noticed any better mileage, but it may be a bit early. But what I
have noticed is that all the little cars seem to disappear behind the
tailgate. Took a bit of getting used to. At first I thought everyone was
tailgating and I got a little pissed.

We also threw in a rubber bed mat. I didn't want to make the mistake of
getting a drop-in liner again. Damn thing warps and who knows what forms
underneath. I really want the spray in Rhino liner, but as this truck is
leased - we're not allowed to make any permanent mods. I have to lease as I
seem to want a new truck every few years. The '95 has the spray in liner
and it's great! Very little slippage of cargo and it looks fantastic. Well
worth it in my honest opinion.

Norah